Terms of Service
By nature, letterpress relies heavily on the human touch and is crafted individually with TLC by presses that have been operating for over a hundred years. Slight imperfections and differences in paper, inking, and impression are totally normal and part of what makes each piece beautifully unique.
- Opening minimum wholesale order is $125; $75 minimum reorder.
- Minimum per card style: 6
- Orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail 2-3 days after order is received, unless specified time is different on wholesale form.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the retailer and will be added to your itemized invoice.
- First time buyers: Please send us copy of your resale certificate via email to email@example.com
- Single greeting cards are shipped in fold over, sealed cellophane sleeves and boxed sets come in clear boxes, sealed with a clear sticker on both sides.
- Payment information can be filled out on wholesale form OR if retailer requests an electronic invoice, we can send that via Squarespace.
- Net 30 is available for returning, good standing retailers.
- We also accept checks. Please email us for information.
Custom work specifications:
Turn Around: 3-4 weeks prior to shipping via USPS Priority Mail.
Minimum order: 50
Rush orders: We accept rush orders for a two week turn-around for an additional 50% of order total.
Deposits: A deposit of 50% is collected before production starts. The final 50% is due upon order completion.
Final Sale: All custom work is final sale & non-refundable.
Sales tax: Please note we collect a sales tax of 8.5% for all orders shipped within the state of California.
The process (in person):
We love meeting our clients in person! We have found that one initial meeting for an hour is the average. We go over your design, paper options, ink colors and any add-ons you would like for your work. We appreciate that each client may have additional questions, so follow-up meetings outside of this initial meeting can be made for an additional $75/hr. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
The process (over email or phone):
Send over your specifications of the order you are looking to have printed. This can be done on our Contact page. Please be as specific as possible. A handy guideline for items to include is:
Quantity: (Minimum order 50, in quantities of 25 following)
Printing : Letterpress, foil or digital
Paper size: A2, A7, etc
Paper color: We carry Cranes Lettra 100% cotton papers in Fluorescent White, Pearl White and Ecru. We are happy to price alternative letterpress friendly paper. Please ask!
Paper thickness: Cranes 110# / 220# (extra thick)
Envelopes: Color envelopes or corresponding Cranes envelopes
Envelope printing: Letterpress address on back flap or blank
Add-ons: Edge painting, double sided printing, photo card assembly, envelope liner printing and assembly, envelope calligraphy addressing request
Please note: Allow at least 48 hours for a quote on a proposal. Edits on any custom work have a normal turn around time of 36-48 hours. Thank you!
Coming to us with a blank slate? Need help with layout and piecing together your information? Riva Letterpress is happy to work with clients for design set-up and layout for $75/hour. This includes any files that are sent over that are not print ready. Print ready means:
*100% CYMK Tif files from Photoshop or Illustrator
*If your work requires a bleed, please include a .25'' bleed on each side with crop marks
Each photo we use is a wallet sized matte photo (3''x2'') that is self-adhered. We offer photo printing and adhering as an add-on. Please inquire for that fee. If you prefer to print and stick on your own photos, please note the dimensions the space fits.